- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 65. General Grant Land
- Section 30. Determination of Entitlement For Newly Incorporated Municipalities.
previous: Section 20
. Determination of Entitlement For Cities.
next: Section 40
. Status of Entitlements.
AS 29.65.030. Determination of Entitlement For Newly Incorporated Municipalities.
- (a) The general grant land entitlement of a municipality incorporated after July 1, 1978, that does not qualify for an
entitlement under AS 29.65.010 or 29.65.020 is 10 percent of the maximum total acreage of
vacant, unappropriated, unreserved land within the boundaries of the municipality between the date of its incorporation
and two years after that date.
- (b) Within two years and six months after the date of incorporation of the municipality, the director shall determine the
entitlement of each municipality eligible to receive general grant land under (a) of this section and certify the
entitlement to the municipality. However, the governing body of a city may, by resolution, request the director to
certify the entitlement to the city on an expeditious basis. The director shall determine and certify the entitlement
within six months after receipt of the resolution.
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 12 ch 34 SLA 1987].
- (d) For the purpose of determining the general land grant entitlement under (a) of this section, the maximum
total acreage of vacant, unappropriated, unreserved land within the boundaries of the municipality between the date of its incorporation
and two years after that date shall be increased by the amount of land located within the boundaries of the municipality that is
transferred to the University of Alaska under AS 14.40.365 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.