- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 530. Criteria to Evaluate Grant Applications.
previous: Section 520
. Purposes of Municipal Impact Grants.
next: Section 540
. Limitations On Uses of Grants By Municipalities and Villages.
AS 29.60.530. Criteria to Evaluate Grant Applications.
- (a) In determining whether an expenditure or proposed expenditure by a municipality, village, or school district is
eligible for a grant under AS 29.60.510
, the department shall consider the
- (1) degree to which the effect on the municipality, village, or school district is directly caused by the oil or hazardous
substance release or the response to the release;
- (2) availability of money to the recipient from other sources that can meet the costs of providing the functions or
- (3) severity of the effect addressed in the grant application.
- (b) The department may reject an application for a grant under AS 29.60.510 or approve an application for a grant in an
amount that is less than the amount requested by a municipality, village, or school district if the department
determines that payment of the amount requested is not warranted under (a) of this section.
- (c) The department shall adopt, by regulation, criteria by which to rank all or a portion of applications for the purpose
of establishing the priority order of awarding grants if money requested by eligible municipalities, villages, and
school districts under this section exceeds the amount available. The criteria must be based on the elements set out in
(a) of this section. If the total amount of money requested by eligible municipalities, villages, and school districts
under this section exceeds the amount available, the department shall rank applications for the purpose of establishing
the priority order of awarding grants in accordance with the regulations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.