- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 130. State Aid to Volunteer Fire Departments Not in Organized Municipality.
previous: Section 120
. State Aid to Municipalities and Other Eligible Recipients For Health Facilities and Hospitals.
next: Section 140
. State Aid to Unincorporated Communities.
AS 29.60.130. State Aid to Volunteer Fire Departments Not in Organized Municipality.
- (a) The department shall pay to a volunteer fire department registered with the state fire marshal and serving an area not
in an organized municipality a sum for protection purposes equal to $10 per capita for the population served by the
fire department, as determined by the state fire marshal.
- (b) A grant shall be made under (a) of this section to facilitate the organization of a volunteer fire department in an
area not in an organized municipality, upon application of the proposed fire protection group to the state fire marshal
and upon approval of applications according to standards of organization and service prescribed by regulations adopted
by the state fire marshal.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.