- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 50. Limitation On Computation and Use of Payments.
previous: Section 40
next: Section 60
. Tax Equalization Account.
AS 29.60.050. Limitation On Computation and Use of Payments.
- (a) An equalization entitlement generated by the tax levy of a taxing unit may be used only for authorized expenditures of
that taxing unit, but up to 15 percent of the payment of an equalization entitlement generated by areawide revenue of a
municipality may be used by the municipality for areawide or nonareawide purposes at the discretion of its governing
body. This subsection applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
- (b) An equalization entitlement determined with reference to revenue other than revenue obtained from the levy and
collection of taxes may be used for areawide or nonareawide purposes, at the discretion of the governing body.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.