- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 45. Municipal Taxation
- Section 10. Property Tax.
previous: Chapter 45
. Municipal Taxation
next: Section 20
. Taxpayer Notice.
AS 29.45.010. Property Tax.
- (a) A unified municipality may levy a property tax. A borough may levy
- (1) an areawide property tax for areawide functions;
- (2) a nonareawide property tax for functions limited to the area outside cities;
- (3) a property tax in a service area for functions limited to the service area.
- (b) A home rule or first class city may levy a property tax subject to AS 29.45.550
- 29.45.560. A second class city may levy a
property tax subject to AS 29.45.590
- (c) If a tax is levied on real property or on personal property, the tax must be assessed, levied, and collected as
provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.