- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 40. Planning, Platting, and Land Use Regulation
- Section 180. Prohibited Acts; Criminal Penalties.
previous: Section 170
next: Section 190
. Civil Remedies and Penalties.
AS 29.40.180. Prohibited Acts; Criminal Penalties.
- (a) The owner of land located in a subdivision may not transfer, sell, offer to sell, or enter into a contract to sell
land in a subdivision before a plat of the subdivision has been prepared, approved, filed, and recorded in accordance
with this chapter. A person may not file or record a plat or other document depicting subdivided land in a public
recorder's office unless the plat or document has been approved by the platting authority.
- (b) For the violation of a provision of this chapter, a subdivision regulation adopted under this chapter, or a term,
condition, or limitation imposed by a platting authority in the exercise of its powers under this chapter, a
municipality may by ordinance prescribe a penalty not to exceed a fine of $1,000 and imprisonment for 90 days.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.