Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 805. Establishment of Regional Solid Waste Management Authorities.
previous: Section 800
. Purpose of Authorities.
next: Section 810
. Dissolution of Regional Solid Waste Management Authority.
AS 29.35.805. Establishment of Regional Solid Waste Management Authorities.
- (a) A regional solid waste management authority may be created in one of the following ways:
- (1) the governing body of a municipality may, by ordinance, create a regional solid waste management authority
as a public corporation of the municipality;
- (2) the governing bodies of two or more municipalities may, by substantially identical ordinances adopted by each
of the governing bodies, create a regional solid waste management authority as a public corporation of the municipalities.
- (b) One or more municipalities may join an authority established under (a)(1) or (2) of this section upon the adoption
of substantially identical ordinances by the governing bodies of each affected municipality.
- (c) A regional solid waste management authority created under this section is a body corporate and politic and an
instrumentality of the municipality or municipalities creating it but has a separate and independent legal existence.
- (d) Creation of a regional solid waste management authority under AS 29.35.800 - 29.35.925 is an exercise of a municipality's extraterritorial
jurisdiction under AS 29.35.020 .
- (e) The enabling ordinance by which a regional solid waste management authority is established must specify the
powers, boundaries, and limitations of the regional solid waste management authority.
- (f) An ordinance creating a regional solid waste management authority must be approved by the voters of the
municipality or municipalities participating in the authority for the authority to be established.
- (g) Nothing in AS 29.35.800 - 29.35.925 prevents a municipality or municipalities from
creating or participating in a public corporation, including a regional solid waste management authority, in any form or manner not
prohibited by law. However, AS 29.35.800 - 29.35.925 only apply to and may only be used by a regional
solid waste management authority created under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.