Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 725. Definitions.
previous: Section 722
. Ownership or Operation of Certain State Facilities Prohibited.
next: Section 730
. Short Title.
AS 29.35.725. Definitions.
In AS 29.35.600
- 29.35.730, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "authority" means a port authority established under AS 29.35.605;
- (2) "board" means the board of directors of an authority;
- (3) "bonds" includes bonds, bond anticipation notes, notes, refunding bonds, or other forms of indebtedness of the
- (4) "bylaws" or "bylaws of the authority" means the guidelines adopted by and amended by the board from time to time in
accordance with AS 29.35.600
- (5) "port" means a facility of transportation related commerce located within the state;
- (6) "project" means a port, dock, and administrative facilities, including property necessary in connection with the
operation of a port;
- (7) "project cost" or "cost of a project" means all or any part of the aggregate costs determined by an authority to be
necessary to finance the construction or acquisition of a project, including without limitation to the cost of
acquiring real property, the cost of constructing buildings and improvements, the cost of financing the project,
including, without limitation, interest charges before, during, or after construction or acquisition of the project,
costs related to the determination of the feasibility, planning, design, or engineering of the project and, to the
extent determined necessary by the authority, administrative expenses, the cost of machinery or equipment to be used in
the operation or rehabilitation of a port, and all other costs, charges, fees, and expenses that may be determined by
the authority to be necessary to finance the construction or acquisition;
- (8) "real property" or "land" means any interest in real property, including tidal and submerged land, and any right
appurtenant to the interest, and without limitation, interests less than full title such as easements, uses, leases,
- (9) "regulation" means a standard of general application or the amendment, supplement, revision, or repeal of a standard
adopted by an authority to implement, interpret, or make specific the law enforced or administered by it or to govern
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.