Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 330. Election.
previous: Section 320
. Initiation of Acquisition of Power.
next: Section 340
. Effect of Acquiring An Areawide Power.
AS 29.35.330. Election.
- (a) If more than one power is proposed for acquisition under AS 29.35.320, each shall appear separately on the ballot.
- (b) If a power is proposed for exercise by a third class borough in a service area, only voters residing in the proposed
service area may vote.
- (c) A vote on the question of adding an areawide power in a first or second class borough shall be tabulated in two
separate classifications. One shall consist of all votes cast in all cities located in the borough. The other shall
consist of all votes cast in the borough area outside all cities. If the majority of the votes cast in each
classification is favorable, the borough shall assume the added power within 30 days after certification of the
- (d) If a majority of the votes cast on the question of adding a nonareawide power in a second class borough or a power to
be exercised in a service area in a third class borough is favorable, the borough shall assume the added power within
30 days after certification of the election results.
- (e) The borough mayor shall certify the election results to the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.