Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 133. Immunity For 911 Systems.
previous: Section 131
. 911 Surcharge.
next: Section 134
. Multi-Line Telephone Systems.
AS 29.35.133. Immunity For 911 Systems.
- (a) The establishment, funding, use, operation, or maintenance of enhanced 911 systems and all activities associated with
those actions are specifically found to be within the ambit of AS 09.50.250
(1) and AS 09.65.070(d)(6). Except for intentional
acts of misconduct or gross negligence, a service supplier, local exchange telephone company, or wireless telephone
company and their employees and agents are also immune from tort liability that might otherwise be incurred in the
course of installing, training, maintaining, or providing enhanced 911 systems or transmitting or receiving calls on
- (b) An individual, telephone company, or employee of a telephone company who operates or maintains an emergency 911
service is not liable for civil damages in a tort action as a result of an act, omission, failure of service, or
incorrect information done or given in good faith.
- (c) In this section, "service supplier" means a person that provides or offers to provide telecommunications equipment or
services necessary for the establishment, maintenance, or operation of an enhanced 911 system.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.