Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 280. Signature Requirements.
previous: Section 270
. Recall Petition.
next: Section 290
. Sufficiency of Petition.
AS 29.26.280. Signature Requirements.
- (a) The signatures on a recall petition shall be secured within 60 days after the date the clerk issues the petition. The
statement provided under AS 29.26.270
(a)(6) shall be completed and signed by the sponsor. Signatures shall be in ink or indelible pencil.
- (b) The clerk shall determine the number of signatures required on a petition and inform the contact person in writing. If
a petition seeks to recall an official who represents the municipality at large, the petition shall be signed by a
number of voters equal to 25 percent of the number of votes cast for that office at the last regular election held
before the date written notice is given to the contact person that the petition is available. If a petition seeks to
recall an official who represents a district, the petition shall be signed by a number of the voters residing in the
district equal to 25 percent of the number of votes cast in the district for that office at the last regular election
held before the date the written notice is given to the contact person that the petition is available.
- (c) Illegible signatures shall be rejected by the clerk unless accompanied by a legible printed name. Signatures not
accompanied by a legible residence shall be rejected.
- (d) A petition signer may withdraw the signer's signature upon written application to the clerk before certification of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.