Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 26. Elections
- Section 110. Application For Petition.
previous: Section 100
. Reservation of Powers.
next: Section 120
. Contents of Petition.
AS 29.26.110. Application For Petition.
- (a) An initiative or referendum is proposed by filing an application with the municipal clerk containing the ordinance or
resolution to be initiated or the ordinance or resolution to be referred and the name and address of a contact person
and an alternate to whom all correspondence relating to the petition may be sent. An application shall be signed by at
least 10 voters who will sponsor the petition. An additional sponsor may be added at any time before the petition is
filed by submitting the name of the sponsor to the clerk. Within two weeks the clerk shall certify the application if
the clerk finds that it is in proper form and, for an initiative petition, that the matter
- (1) is not restricted by AS 29.26.100
- (2) includes only a single subject;
- (3) relates to a legislative rather than to an administrative matter; and
- (4) would be enforceable as a matter of law.
- (b) A decision by the clerk on an application for petition is subject to judicial review.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.