Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 300. School Boards.
previous: Section 280
. Vacancy in the Office of Mayor.
next: Section 310
. Utility Boards.
AS 29.20.300. School Boards.
- (a) Each municipal school district has a school board. Except as provided in (b) of this section, members of a school
board are elected at the regular election for three-year terms and until their successors take office. Members are
elected at large unless a different method of election has been approved by the voters in a regular election.
- (b) The assembly is the school board for a third class borough. The mayor is the presiding officer of the assembly and
president of the school board. However, the mayor may not veto an action of the school board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.