Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 10. Home Rule Municipalities
- Section 90. Charter Rejection.
previous: Section 80
. Charter Adoption.
next: Section 100
. Charter Amendment.
AS 29.10.090. Charter Rejection.
- (a) If a proposed charter for an existing municipality is rejected, the charter commission shall prepare another proposed
charter to be submitted to the voters at an election to be held within one year after the date of the first charter
election. If the second proposed charter is also rejected, the charter commission shall be dissolved and the question
of adoption of a charter shall be treated as if it had never been proposed or approved.
- (b) If incorporation, merger, or consolidation of a home rule municipality is rejected by the voters, the proposed charter
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.