Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 10. Home Rule Municipalities
- Section 40. Charter Commission Candidates.
previous: Section 30
. Initiative and Referendum.
next: Section 50
. Charter Commission Election.
AS 29.10.040. Charter Commission Candidates.
- (a) A candidate for a charter commission of an existing municipality shall have been qualified to vote in municipality for
at least one year immediately preceding the charter commission election.
- (b) A charter commission candidate is nominated by a petition signed by at least 50 voters or the number of voters equal
to 10 percent of the number of votes cast in the municipality during the last regular election, whichever is less. A
nomination petition shall be filed with the municipal clerk on or before a date fixed by the governing body.
- (c) If at least seven nominations for qualified charter commission candidates are not filed, the petition or resolution
calling for a charter commission is void and an election on the question may not be held.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.