Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 320. Charter Provisions.
previous: Section 310
. Per Diem.
next: Section 330
. Public Hearings.
AS 29.06.320. Charter Provisions.
The charter must include
- (1) provision for
- (A) the adjustment of existing bonded indebtedness and other obligations in a manner that will assure a fair and equitable
burden of taxation for debt service, subject to AS 29.06.380
- (B) the establishment of service areas;
- (C) if election of members of the governing body is not areawide, the establishment of districts for the election of
members of the governing body of the proposed unified municipality and procedures by which to reapportion the election
- (D) the reapportionment of districts if they are established;
- (E) nonpartisan government, and the selection, organization, authority, and responsibilities of the governing body and its
executive and administrator;
- (F) the transfer or other disposition of property and other rights, claims, assets, and franchises of the municipalities
to be unified under the charter;
- (G) the exercise of the rights of initiative and referendum in accordance with AS 29.10.030
- (H) amending the charter in accordance with AS 29.10.100
- (2) the date on which the charter, if approved at the charter election, is effective;
- (3) designation of the proposed unified municipality's official name; and
- (4) other charter provisions that may be included in a home rule charter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.