Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 100. Petition.
previous: Section 90
. Merger and Consolidation.
next: Section 110
AS 29.06.100. Petition.
- (a) Residents of two or more municipalities may file a merger or consolidation petition with the department. The petition
must be signed by a number of voters of each existing municipality equal to at least 25 percent of the number of votes
cast in each municipality's last regular election.
- (b) The petition includes
- (1) the name and class of each existing municipality;
- (2) the name and class of the proposed municipality;
- (3) the proposed composition and apportionment of the governing body;
- (4) maps, documents, and other information that shows that the proposed municipality meets the standards for municipal
- (5) for a home rule municipality, a proposed home rule charter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.