Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 6. Alteration of Municipalities
- Section 55. Property Taxes in Annexed or Detached Areas.
previous: Section 50
. Annexation of Military Reservations.
next: Section 60
AS 29.06.055. Property Taxes in Annexed or Detached Areas.
- (a) Unless the annexation takes effect on January 1, the annexing municipality may not levy property taxes in an annexed
area before January 1 of the year immediately following the year in which the annexation takes effect. However,
notwithstanding other provisions of law, the municipality may provide services in the annexed area that are funded
wholly or partially with property taxes during the period before the municipality may levy property taxes in the
- (b) If an area is detached from a municipality, all property taxes that are levied by that municipality on property in the
detached area based on an assessment that occurred before the effective date of the detachment remain valid. AS 29.45.290
- 29.45.500 apply to the enforcement of those taxes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.