Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 5. Incorporation
- Section 11. Incorporation of a City.
previous: Section 10
. Home Rules Cities. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 118 SLA 1972].
next: Section 20
. Legislative Powers of Home Rule Cities. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 118 SLA 1972].
AS 29.05.011. Incorporation of a City.
- (a) A community that meets the following standards may incorporate as a first class or home rule city:
- (1) the community has 400 or more permanent residents;
- (2) the boundaries of the proposed city include all areas necessary to provide municipal services on an efficient scale;
- (3) the economy of the community includes the human and financial resources necessary to provide municipal services; in
considering the economy of the community, the Local Boundary Commission shall consider property values, economic base,
personal income, resource and commercial development, anticipated functions, and the expenses and income of the
proposed city, including the ability of the community to generate local revenue;
- (4) the population of the community is stable enough to support city government;
- (5) there is a demonstrated need for city government.
- (b) A community that meets all the standards under (a) of this section except (a)(1) may incorporate as a second class
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.