Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 90. General and Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 030. Fines for Offenses Committed Within Highway Work Zones and Traffic Safety Corridors Doubled.
previous: Section 20
. Breath Test Result Validity.
next: Section 35
Prohibition of Damage Claims Regarding Highway Work Zone Signs.
AS 28.90.030. Fines for Offenses Committed Within Highway Work Zones and Traffic Safety Corridors Doubled.
- (a) Whenever a person violates a provision of this title or a regulation adopted under the authority of this
title within a highway work zone or traffic safety corridor, notwithstanding the amount of the fine or the maximum fine set under this
title, the fine, or maximum fine, is double the amount provided in this title.
- (b) Fines imposed and collected under this section for offenses that are committed in a traffic safety corridor
shall be separately accounted for under AS 37.05.142 .
- (c) Notwithstanding the requirements of (b) of this section and AS 37.05.142 , the Alaska Court System shall deposit fines collected under this
section for offenses committed in a traffic safety corridor in the general fund if the fine is collected at a court location where
separate accounting for traffic safety corridor fines is not achievable.
- (d) The administrative director of the Alaska Court System shall notify the Department of Administration
- (1) of court locations where separate accounting under (b) of this section is not achievable; and
- (2) when a court location identified under (1) of this subsection becomes able to separately account for fines
under (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.