Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 39. Snowmobiles
- Section 250. Definitions.
previous: Section 60
. Regulations Authorized.
next: Chapter 40
. General Provisions
AS 28.39.250. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of administration;
- (2) "dealer" means a person engaged in the business of selling snowmobiles predominantly for purposes other than resale;
- (3) "department" means the Department of Administration;
- (4) "operate" means to ride in or on and control the operation of a snowmobile;
- (5) "operator" means a person who operates or is in actual physical control of a snowmobile;
- (6) "owner" means a person, other than a lienholder, having title to a snowmobile and who is entitled to the use or
possession of the snowmobile;
- (7) "possession" means physical custody of a snowmobile by an owner of a snowmobile or by an owner of a motor vehicle or
trailer on or in which a snowmobile is placed for the purpose of transport;
- (8) "retail" means the sale of a snowmobile for any purpose other than resale;
- (9) "season" means one calendar year beginning October 1 and ending September 30;
- (10) "snowmobile" means a self-propelled vehicle primarily designed or altered for travel on snow or ice when supported in
part by skis, belts, or cleats; "snowmobile" does not include machinery used strictly for the grooming of snowmobile
trails or ski slopes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.