Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 39. Snowmobiles
- Section 20. Authority of Department; Registration Agents; Registration Applications.
previous: Section 10
. Snowmobile Registration.
next: Section 30
. Proof of Ownership For Registration Purposes.
AS 28.39.020. Authority of Department; Registration Agents; Registration Applications.
- (a) The department is authorized to assign identification numbers and register snowmobiles.
- (b) The department shall authorize agents, including snowmobile dealers, to register snowmobiles. The department may
authorize a snowmobile dealer authorized as an agent for snowmobile registration to issue temporary and permanent
registrations, and to renew registrations.
- (c) A snowmobile dealer shall require a purchaser of a new or used snowmobile sold at retail to complete a registration
application and pay the registration fee before the snowmobile leaves the dealer's premises unless the snowmobile is
exempt from registration or a registration fee under this chapter.
- (d) In a manner set out in this chapter and as may be prescribed by the department, an authorized agent shall accept a
registration application and registration fee, issue a registration, and forward the application and registration fee
to the department.
- (e) The original and each renewal registration fee for a snowmobile is as provided under AS 28.10.421
, except that the fee shall be multiplied by two for a four-year registration and multiplied by three for a six-year
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.