Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 37. Driver License Compact
- Section 110. Findings and Policy Statement.
previous: Section 40
. Executive Head.
next: Section 120
. [Renumbered as AS 28.37.199
AS 28.37.110. Findings and Policy Statement.
- (a) The party states find that
- (1) the safety of their streets and highways is materially affected by the degree of compliance with state laws and local
ordinances relating to the operation of motor vehicles;
- (2) violation of a law or ordinance is evidence that the violator engages in conduct that is likely to endanger the safety
of persons and property;
- (3) the continuance in force of a license to drive is predicated upon compliance with laws and ordinances relating to the
operation of motor vehicles, in whichever jurisdiction the vehicle is operated.
- (b) It is the policy of the party states to
- (1) promote compliance with the laws, ordinances, and administrative regulations relating to the operation of motor
vehicles by their drivers in each of the jurisdictions where those drivers operate motor vehicles;
- (2) make the reciprocal recognition of licenses to drive and eligibility for them more just and equitable by considering
the overall compliance with motor vehicle laws, ordinances, and administrative regulations as a condition precedent to
the continuance or issuance of a license by reason of which the licensee is authorized or permitted to operate a motor
vehicle in the party states.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.