Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 35. Offenses and Accidents
- Section 310. Renting a Motor Vehicle.
previous: Section 300
. Tampering With or Damaging a Vehicle.
next: Section 320
. Failure to Return Rental Vehicle.
AS 28.35.310. Renting a Motor Vehicle.
- (a) A person may not rent a motor vehicle to a person unless the person renting the vehicle is
properly licensed under this title or, if a nonresident, the person is properly licensed under the laws of the
jurisdiction of a person's residence.
- (b) A person may not rent a motor vehicle until the person has inspected the license of the
person to whom the vehicle is to be rented, and has verified the identification of the licensee.
- (c) Every person renting a motor vehicle shall keep a record of the registration number of the
vehicle rented, the name, address and license number of the person to whom the vehicle is rented, and the date and place
when and where the license of the intended driver was issued. The record shall be open to inspection by a peace officer
or employee of the Department of Public Safety acting in an official capacity.
- (d) Every person renting a motor vehicle shall comply with the financial responsibility requirements of this title.
- (e) A person who rents motor vehicles to others shall provide child safety devices in sufficient
quantity that all persons to whom the vehicles are to be rented can comply with the requirements of AS 28.05.095.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.