(a) An operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to or death of a person shall immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to it as possible and return to, and remain at, the scene until the operator has fulfilled the requirements of AS 28.35.060.
(b) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle driven or attended by a person shall immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close to it as possible and return to, and remain at, the scene of the accident until the operator has fulfilled the requirements of AS 28.35.060.
(c) The operator of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting only in damage to a vehicle that is unattended shall immediately stop at the scene of the accident and undertake reasonable means and efforts to locate and notify the operator or owner of the damaged unattended vehicle of the name and address of the operator and owner of the vehicle striking the unattended vehicle. If the operator or owner of the unattended vehicle cannot be located then the operator shall leave in a conspicuous place in or upon the unattended vehicle, a writing stating the name and address of the operator and of the owner of the vehicle that struck the unattended vehicle and setting forth a statement of the circumstances of the accident.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 28.35.028. Court-ordered treatment.
- Sec. 28.35.030. Operating a vehicle, aircraft, or watercraft while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, inhalant, or controlled substance. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.032. Refusal to submit to chemical test. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.034. Surrender of license or permit.
- Sec. 28.35.036. Forfeiture of vehicle, aircraft, or watercraft.
- Sec. 28.35.039. Definitions for AS 28.35.029 Renumbered
- Sec. 28.35.060. Duty of operator to give information and render assistance.
- Sec. 28.35.070. Examination or impounding before repair.
- Sec. 28.35.080. Immediate notice of accident.
- Sec. 28.35.090. Rendering of report by others.
- Sec. 28.35.100. Form of reports.
- Sec. 28.35.110. Penalty for giving false information in report or failing to report.
- Sec. 28.35.120. Use of accident reports in evidence.
- Sec. 28.35.130. False report or destruction of evidence involving a vehicle.
- Sec. 28.35.135. Unlawful to knowingly make false statement, application, or certification.
- Sec. 28.35.140. Unlawful obstruction or blocking of traffic; duty to yield to following traffic.
- Sec. 28.35.145. Overtaking and passing school bus. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.155. Operation of vehicle with certain tires prohibited. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.161. Use of electronic devices while driving; unlawful installation of television, monitor, or similar device. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.175. Propane gas detector required.
- Sec. 28.35.180. Disobedience to signals of officer regulating traffic prohibited.
- Sec. 28.35.182. Failure to stop at direction of peace officer.
- Sec. 28.35.185. Overtaking and passing certain stationary vehicles. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.225. Enforcement. Renumbered
- Sec. 28.35.235. Unauthorized use of parking reserved for persons with disabilities; penalties. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.245. Motorcycle helmet. Repealed
- Sec. 28.35.251. Contained or confined loads.
- Sec. 28.35.253. Anti-spray devices required.
- Sec. 28.35.255. Penalty. Renumbered
- Sec. 28.35.261. Operation of low-speed vehicles. Renumbered
- Sec. 28.35.280. Minor operating a vehicle after consuming alcohol.
- Sec. 28.35.285. Minor’s refusal to submit to chemical test.
- Sec. 28.35.290. Driving during the 24 hours after being cited for alcohol or breath test offenses.
- Sec. 28.35.300. Tampering with or damaging a vehicle.
- Sec. 28.35.310. Renting a motor vehicle.
- Sec. 28.35.320. Failure to return rental vehicle.
- Sec. 28.35.400. Reckless driving.
- Sec. 28.35.410. Negligent driving.