Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 15. Drivers' Licenses
- Section 161. Cancellation of Driver's License.
previous: Section 160
. Court Reports. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 165
. Administrative Revocations and Disqualifications Resulting From Chemical Sobriety Tests and Refusals to Submit to Tests.
AS 28.15.161. Cancellation of Driver's License.
- (a) The department shall cancel a driver's license upon determination that
- (1) the licensee is not medically or otherwise entitled to the issuance or retention of the license, or has been adjudged
incompetent to drive a motor vehicle;
- (2) there is an error or defect in the license;
- (3) the licensee failed to give the required or correct information in the licensee's application;
- (4) the license was obtained fraudulently; or
- (5) the licensee is restricted from purchasing alcoholic beverages under AS 04.16.160 ; if a license is cancelled under this paragraph,
when a new license is issued, it must reflect that restriction and the requirements of AS 28.15.111 if the period of restriction under AS 04.16.160 is still in effect.
- (b) The licensee may apply for a new license at any time after cancellation upon removal of the cause for the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.