Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 15. Drivers' Licenses
- Section 11. Drivers Must Be Licensed.
previous: Section 10
. License Required. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 15
. , 28.15.020l Medical Exams; Exemptions. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.15.011. Drivers Must Be Licensed.
- (a) A person may not be denied the privilege to drive a motor vehicle upon a highway in this state, except as prescribed
- (b) Every person exercising the person's privilege to drive, or exercising any degree of physical control of a motor
vehicle upon a highway, vehicular way or area, or other public property in this state, is required to have in the
possession of the person a valid Alaska driver's license issued under the provisions of this chapter for the type or
class of vehicle driven, unless expressly exempted by law from this requirement.
- (c) A person licensed under the provisions of this chapter may exercise in this state the privilege to drive a motor
vehicle and is subject to the restrictions prescribed by this chapter. A municipality may not require a person to
obtain any other driver's license to drive or operate a motor vehicle in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.