Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 11. Abandoned Vehicles
- Section 70. Disposal of Abandoned Vehicles.
previous: Section 60
next: Section 80
. Disposal Facilities.
AS 28.11.070. Disposal of Abandoned Vehicles.
- (a) Upon satisfaction of the notice and reporting requirements prescribed in this chapter, a vehicle may be disposed of by
removal to a scrap processing yard or auto wrecker for disposal or by public auction 20 days after notice of the
auction is published in a newspaper of general circulation in the area or municipality in which the vehicle was found
and presumed abandoned. The notice of auction must describe the vehicle and specify the place, date, and time at which
it will be sold. A copy of the notice of auction shall be conveyed to the department.
- (b) A vehicle disposed of under this section by public auction must be titled under AS 28.10, and may not be subsequently sold without a certificate of
title issued by the department.
- (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of this section, a person who disposes of an abandoned vehicle under this section may
initiate a civil action against a person named in AS 28.11.010
, if liable, for costs exceeding receipts for the disposal of the vehicle.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.