Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 301. Transfer of Motor Vehicle to Minor.
previous: Section 300
. False Statements. [Repealed, Sec. 25, Ch 144 SLA 1977].
next: Section 310
. Refusal. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.10.301. Transfer of Motor Vehicle to Minor.
- (a) An agreement for the purchase of a motor vehicle by a minor who has not been emancipated is void unless a parent or
guardian of the minor is also a party to the agreement.
- (b) If a vehicle is improperly transferred to a minor, the title to and registration of the vehicle remains with the owner
and does not transfer to the minor or the parent or guardian of the minor. However, if the certificate of title and
registration for the vehicle has been delivered to the minor or the parent or guardian of the minor, that person shall
immediately deliver the certificate of title and registration to the department. The department shall reissue title to
the previous owner of record.
- (c) In this section, "emancipated" means that a minor to whom the term refers is a resident of
this state and is at least 16 years of age, is living separate and apart from the minor's parents or guardian, and is
capable of self-support and of managing the minor's own financial affairs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.