Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 10. Vehicle Registration, Liens, and Title
- Section 146. Registration of Interstate Rental Trucks.
previous: Section 141
. Interstate Use of Vehicles. [Repealed, Sec. 21, Ch 48 SLA 1998].
next: Section 147
. Registration of Interstate Rental Trailers.
AS 28.10.146. Registration of Interstate Rental Trucks.
- (a) Notwithstanding any other registration requirement of this chapter, a fleet rental truck owner or authorized
representative shall register a percentage of the total fleet as determined under this subsection, and shall pay the
fees and taxes required by this chapter. The percentage of fleet rental trucks required to be registered is equal to
the total number of miles that all trucks in the rental fleet were driven in this state during a calendar year or other
period established by the department by regulation, divided by the total number of miles that all trucks in the rental
fleet were driven in all states and the District of Columbia during that period.
- (b) When applying for registration under (a) of this section, the fleet rental owner or authorized representative shall
file with the department a certified report containing verifiable data, reporting
- (1) the total number of miles operated by all of the trucks in the rental fleet in all states and the District of Columbia
during the preceding calendar year or other period specified by the department;
- (2) the total number of miles operated in this state by all of the trucks in the rental fleet during the preceding
calendar year or other period specified by the department; and
- (3) other fleet rental truck registration information that the department may require.
- (c) A fleet rental owner or authorized representative whose application for registration under this section has been
accepted by the department shall preserve records of the period on which the application was based for four years. Upon
request of the department, the fleet rental owner or authorized representative shall
- (1) provide records preserved under this subsection to the department for audit; or
- (2) pay the cost of an audit conducted by a representative of the department at the office of the owner.
- (d) After compliance with this section, all trucks identified as part of the rental fleet, and currently registered in any
state or in the District of Columbia, may operate in this state.
- (e) If the department determines that the fleet rental owner or authorized representative has not registered fleet rental
trucks as required by this section, the department may suspend or revoke a registration previously issued, and may deny
future fleet rental registration under (a) of this section, until the owner or authorized representative has complied
with this section. If registration under (a) of this section has been suspended, revoked, or denied, all the owner's
fleet rental trucks present in the state must be registered under applicable state law.
- (f) A fee or tax paid as a result of registration required under this section does not satisfy or offset other fees or
taxes levied by the state or a political subdivision in connection with the ownership or operation of fleet rental
- (g) In this section, "fleet" means a fleet of 10 or more rental trucks that are rented or offered for rent without a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.