Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 21. Alaska Surface Coal Mining Control and Reclamation Act
- Section 270. Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund.
previous: Section 260
. Areas Unsuitable For Surface Coal Mining.
next: Section 280
. Eligible Land and Water.
AS 27.21.270. Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund.
The commissioner may take the actions necessary to ensure state participation to the fullest extent practicable in the
Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund created in 30 U.S.C. 1231 and to function as the state agency for that participation.
In conformity with the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977, the commissioner shall
- (1) by regulation, establish priorities that meet the terms of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977 for
the expenditure of money received by the commissioner from the Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund;
- (2) designate land and water eligible for reclamation or abatement with money received by the commissioner from the
Abandoned Mine Reclamation Fund;
- (3) submit reclamation plans, annual projects, and applications to the appropriate authorities under the terms of the
Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977; and
- (4) administer money received by the state for abandoned mine reclamation or related purposes from the Abandoned Mine
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.