Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 21. Alaska Surface Coal Mining Control and Reclamation Act
- Section 190. Revision and Transfer of Permit.
previous: Section 180
. Application Approval or Denial.
next: Section 200
. Coal Exploration Permits.
AS 27.21.190. Revision and Transfer of Permit.
- (a) During the term of a permit, the permittee may submit to the commissioner an application for revision of the permit,
with necessary revisions to the permittee's reclamation plan.
- (b) The commissioner may not approve an application for revision of a permit unless the commissioner finds that
reclamation required by this chapter and the regulations adopted under it can be accomplished under the necessary
revisions to the reclamation plan. The commissioner shall establish guidelines for determining the extent of revision
for which all permit application requirements and procedures, including notice and hearing, shall apply. A revision
that, in the commissioner's determination, requires significant revisions to the applicant's reclamation plan must, at
a minimum, be subject to a notice and hearing requirement.
- (c) A permittee may not apply under this section for an extension of the permit area, except by incidental boundary
- (d) A permittee may not transfer, assign, or sell a permit or the rights granted under a permit without the written
approval of the commissioner. A successor in interest to a permittee may continue the surface coal mining and
reclamation operation of the permittee until the successor's transfer application is granted or denied if the successor
- (1) applies for a new permit within 30 days of succeeding to that interest; and
- (2) obtains the same bond coverage as the permittee.
- (e) After the commissioner issues a permit, the commissioner shall, within a time limit established by regulation, review
the permit and may, for good cause, require reasonable revisions of the permit during the term of the permit. A
revision under this subsection must be based on a written finding of the commissioner relating to the need for the
revision and is subject to notice and hearing requirements established by the commissioner by regulation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.