Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 21. Alaska Surface Coal Mining Control and Reclamation Act
- Section 100. Public Information and Inspection.
previous: Section 90
. Application Fee.
next: Section 110
. Contents of Application.
AS 27.21.100. Public Information and Inspection.
- (a) An applicant for a permit shall file a copy of the application for public inspection at a location designated by the
commissioner near the area of the proposed surface coal mining operation. The applicant may exclude from the copy
filed under this subsection information that is confidential under (c) of this section.
- (b) Copies of records, permits, inspection materials, data obtained under AS 27.21.120
, or other information obtained under this chapter by the commissioner relating to a surface coal mining and
reclamation operation, other than information that is confidential under (c) of this section, must be made immediately
and conveniently available to the public at the district office of the department closest to the location of the
surface coal mining and reclamation operation.
- (c) Information
- (1) gathered from the proposed permit area included in the application for a permit and pertaining to coal seams, test
borings, core samplings, or soil samples must be made available to any person with an interest that is or may be
adversely affected, except that information that relates only to the analysis of the chemical and physical properties
of the coal, other than information regarding the mineral or elemental content that is potentially toxic in the
environment, must be kept confidential and not made a matter of public record;
- (2) in the applicant's reclamation plan relating to the competitive rights of the applicant, including but not limited to
trade secrets, commercial or financial information, and geologic information specifically identified as confidential by
the applicant and determined by the commissioner to be not essential for public review shall be kept confidential and
not be made a matter of public record.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.