Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 10. Location and Development of Mining Claims On Federal Public Domain
- Section 150. Annual Labor or Improvements Required.
previous: Section 140
. Location in Violation of Law is Void.
next: Section 160
. Affidavit of Labor or Improvements.
AS 27.10.150. Annual Labor or Improvements Required.
- (a) During each year beginning at noon on September 1, and until patent is issued, annual labor shall be performed or
improvements made on, or for the benefit of or development of, each mining claim in the state to the extent required by
the laws of the United States applicable to Alaska.
- (b) If the owner of a mining claim fails to perform the annual labor or make the improvements required by the laws of the
United States, the claim is forfeited and open to location by others as if no location of it had ever been made.
- (c) If the general laws of the United States requiring annual labor upon mining claims in Alaska are suspended or waived,
administratively or by statute, the laws of the state requiring annual labor under this section upon mining claims are
likewise suspended or waived upon the same terms and conditions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.