Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 10. Location and Development of Mining Claims On Federal Public Domain
- Section 40. Manner of Designating a Placer Claim Location.
previous: Section 30
. Manner of Designating a Lode Claim Location.
next: Section 50
. Certificate of Location to Be Recorded.
AS 27.10.040. Manner of Designating a Placer Claim Location.
The discoverer of a placer claim shall designate the location as follows:
- (1) by posting on one of the posts or monuments marking the boundaries of the claim a plain sign or notice containing
- (A) the name or number of the claim;
- (B) the name of the locator or locators;
- (C) the date of the location;
- (D) the number in feet in length and width claimed; and
- (2) by erecting at each corner or angle of the claim substantial monuments or posts not less than three feet in height nor
less than three inches in diameter, hewn and marked with the name of the claim, the position or number of the monument,
and the direction of the boundary lines and by cutting out, blazing, or marking the boundary lines so that they can be
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.