Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 9. Mining Loan Fund
- Section 60. Definitions.
previous: Section 55
. Disposal of Property Acquired By Default or Foreclosure.
next: Chapter 10
. Location and Development of Mining Claims On Federal Public Domain
AS 27.09.060. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "advanced mineral exploration" means the investigation of a known mineral deposit to gain knowledge of its size,
shape, and value, and to determine whether it is feasible for mining, by the use of geophysical surveys, boreholes,
pits, or underground workings;
- (2) "date of mineral production" means the date on which the first shipment of products from mining operations is made;
- (3) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (4) "development" means the preparation of a proven mineral deposit for mining;
- (5) "fund" means the mining loan fund;
- (6) "mining" means the extraction of ore and the preparation of a mineral product for market.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.