Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 27. Mining
- Chapter 9. Mining Loan Fund
- Section 40. Loan Terms.
previous: Section 30
. Operating Plan.
next: Section 45
AS 27.09.040. Loan Terms.
- (a) A loan granted under this chapter
- (1) may not exceed $5,000,000;
- (2) may not exceed a term of 15 years;
- (3) may not bear interest exceeding 10 percent; and
- (4) may not exceed 75 percent of the appraised value of the collateral used to secure the loan.
- (b) A loan may not be made under this chapter if it would result in an outstanding debt of the borrower to the fund in
excess of $5,000,000.
- (c) A loan made under this chapter shall be secured by
- (1) a first priority lien or mortgage; or
- (2) a second priority lien or mortgage that is subordinate to a valid first priority lien or mortgage if the total of the
financing by the lender making the first mortgage and by the loan made under this chapter does not exceed 75 percent of
the appraised value of the collateral used to secure the loan.
- (d) Unless the loan under this chapter was made to underwrite placer mining activities, repayment of the loan principal
shall begin not later than one year after the date mineral production begins or five years from the date the loan is
made, whichever is sooner. For loans made under this chapter to underwrite placer mining activities, the department may
not require repayment of principal to begin before the end of the second placer mining season after the loan is made.
The accrual of interest on a loan made under this chapter begins when the loan is made, and the accrued interest shall
be repaid on an annual basis, or repayment may be on a monthly or quarterly basis if the department and the borrower so
agree. In this subsection "placer mining season" means the time during a consecutive 12-month period when placer mining
activities may be conducted by virtue of the thawed and fluid condition of the streams and rivers in the mining area.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 72 ch 113 SLA 1982].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.