Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 50. Financing.
previous: Section 45
. Response Corps; Depots.
next: Section 60
. Local and Interjurisdictional Disaster Services.
AS 26.23.050. Financing.
- (a) It is the intent of the legislature, and declared to be the policy of the state, that funds to meet disaster
emergencies will always be available.
- (b) Whenever, and to the extent that, money is needed to cope with a disaster, the first recourse shall be to money
regularly appropriated to state and local agencies. The second recourse shall be to money available in the disaster
relief fund or, for oil or hazardous substances discharges, the oil and hazardous substance release prevention and
response fund, as the governor determines appropriate. If money available from these sources is insufficient, and if
the governor finds that other sources of money to cope with the disaster are not available or are insufficient, the
governor may, notwithstanding the limitations imposed by AS 37.07.080
- (1) transfer and spend money appropriated for other purposes; or
- (2) borrow money for a term not to exceed two years.
- (c) Nothing in this section limits the governor's authority to apply for, receive, administer, and spend grants, gifts, or
payments from any source, to aid in disaster prevention, preparedness, response, or recovery.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.