Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 30. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Section 870. Taking Testimony in Another State.
previous: Section 860
. Communication Between Courts.
next: Section 880
. Cooperation Between Courts; Preservation of Records.
AS 25.30.870. Taking Testimony in Another State.
- (a) In addition to other procedures available to a party, a party to a child custody proceeding may offer testimony of
witnesses who are located in another state, including testimony of the parties and the child, by deposition or other
means allowable in this state for testimony taken in another state. The court on its own motion may order that the
testimony of a person be taken in another state and may prescribe the manner in which and the terms on which the
testimony is taken.
- (b) A court of this state may permit an individual residing in another state to be deposed or to testify by telephone,
audiovisual means, or other electronic means before a designated court or at another location in that state. A court of
this state shall cooperate with courts of other states in designating an appropriate location for the deposition or
- (c) Documentary evidence transmitted from another state to a court of this state by technological means that do not
produce an original writing may not be excluded from evidence on an objection based on the means of transmission.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.