Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 30. Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act
- Section 810. International Application of Chapter.
previous: Section 800
. Proceedings Governed By Other Law.
next: Section 820
. Effect of Child Custody Determination.
AS 25.30.810. International Application of Chapter.
- (a) A court of this state shall treat a foreign country as if it were a state of the United States for the purpose of
applying AS 25.30.400
- (b) Except as provided in (c) of this section, a child custody determination made in a foreign country under factual
circumstances in substantial conformity with the jurisdictional standards of this chapter shall be recognized and
enforced under AS 25.30.400
- (c) A court of this state is not required to apply this chapter to a child custody determination made in a foreign country
when the child custody law of the other country violates fundamental principles of human rights.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.