Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 24. Divorce and Dissolution of Marriage
- Section 30. Voidable Marriages.
previous: Section 20
. Void Marriages.
next: Section 40
. Action to Declare Marriage Valid.
AS 25.24.030. Voidable Marriages.
A marriage may be declared void for any of the following causes existing at the time of the marriage:
- (1) that the party in whose behalf it is sought to have the marriage declared void was under the age of legal consent, and
the marriage was contracted without the consent of the parents, guardian, or person having charge of that party,
unless, after attaining the age of consent, the party for any time freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife;
- (2) that either party was of unsound mind, unless that party, after coming to reason, freely cohabited with the other as
husband and wife;
- (3) that the consent of either party was obtained by fraud, unless that party afterwards, with full knowledge of the facts
constituting the fraud, freely cohabited with the other as husband and wife;
- (4) that the consent of either party was obtained by force, unless that party afterwards freely cohabited with the other
as husband and wife;
- (5) failure to consummate the marriage at the time of the marriage and continuing at the commencement of the action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.