Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 140. Appeal and Validation of Adoption Decree.
previous: Section 130
. Effect of Adoption Decree.
next: Section 150
. Confidential Nature of Hearings and Records in Adoption Proceedings.
AS 25.23.140. Appeal and Validation of Adoption Decree.
- (a) An appeal from any final order or decree rendered under this chapter may be taken in the manner and time provided for
appeal from a judgment in a civil action.
- (b) Subject to the disposition of an appeal, upon the expiration of one year after an adoption decree is issued, the
decree may not be questioned by any person including the petitioner, in any manner upon any ground, including fraud,
misrepresentation, failure to give any required notice, or lack of jurisdiction of the parties or of the subject
matter, unless, in the case of the adoption of a minor the petitioner has not taken custody of the minor, or, in the
case of the adoption of an adult, the adult had no knowledge of the decree within the one-year period.
- (c) Subject to the disposition of an appeal, one year after a decree is issued terminating parental rights on grounds set
out in AS 25.23.180(c)(3), the order may not be
challenged on any ground, including fraud, misrepresentation, failure to give notice, or lack of jurisdiction of the
parties or of the subject matter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.