Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 125. Preference of Minor to Be Adopted; Guardian Ad Litem; Protective Orders.
previous: Section 120
next: Section 127
. Adult Family Member Preference to Adopt.
AS 25.23.125. Preference of Minor to Be Adopted; Guardian Ad Litem; Protective Orders.
- (a) If the person to be adopted is a minor under the age of 10 and the person is of sufficient age and intelligence to
state desires concerning the adoption, the court shall consider the person's desires.
- (b) The court may appoint a guardian ad litem or attorney, or both, under AS 25.24.310
for a minor who is to be adopted.
- (c) The court may issue a protective order or other order that is in the best interest of a minor who is to be adopted.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.