Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 40. Persons Required to Consent to Adoption.
previous: Section 30
next: Section 50
. Persons as to Whom Consent and Notice Not Required.
AS 25.23.040. Persons Required to Consent to Adoption.
- (a) Unless consent is not required under AS 25.23.050
, a petition to adopt a minor may be granted only if written consent to a particular adoption has been executed by
- (1) the mother of the minor;
- (2) the father of the minor, if the father was married to the mother at the time the minor was conceived or at any time
after conception, the minor is the father's child by adoption, or the father has otherwise legitimated the minor under
the laws of the state;
- (3) any person lawfully entitled to custody of the minor or empowered to consent;
- (4) the court having jurisdiction to determine custody of the minor, if the legal guardian or custodian of the person of
the minor is not empowered to consent to the adoption;
- (5) the minor, if 10 years of age or older, unless the court in the best interest of the minor dispenses with the minor's
- (6) the spouse of the minor to be adopted.
- (b) A petition to adopt an adult may be granted only if written consent to adoption has been executed by the adult and the
adult's spouse or by the guardian or conservator of an incapacitated adult.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.