Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 23. Adoption
- Section 20. Who May Adopt.
previous: Section 10
. Who May Be Adopted.
next: Section 30
AS 25.23.020. Who May Adopt.
- (a) The following persons may adopt:
- (1) a husband and wife together;
- (2) an unmarried adult;
- (3) the unmarried father or mother of the person to be adopted;
- (4) a married person without the other spouse joining as a petitioner, if the person to be adopted is not the other
spouse, and if
- (A) the other spouse is a parent of the person to be adopted and consents to the adoption;
- (B) the petitioner and the other spouse are legally separated; or
- (C) the failure of the other spouse to join in the petition or to agree to the adoption is excused by the court by reason
of prolonged unexplained absence, unavailability, incapacity, or circumstances constituting an unreasonable withholding
- (b) Nothing in this section affects legitimation under AS 25.20.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.