Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 5. Alaska Marriage Code
- Section 41. Matters Insufficient to Render Marriage Voidable.
previous: Section 40
. Voidable Marriages. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 58 SLA 1963].
next: Section 50
. Effect of Existing Former Marriage. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 58 SLA 1963].
AS 25.05.041. Matters Insufficient to Render Marriage Voidable.
- (a) If a marriage is in other respects lawful and is consummated with the full belief on the part of the persons married,
or either of them, that they have been lawfully joined in marriage, then the marriage is not voidable for any of the
- (1) the licensing officer did not have jurisdiction to issue the license;
- (2) there was an omission, informality, or irregularity of form in the application for the license or in the license
- (3) either or both witnesses to the marriage were incompetent;
- (4) the marriage was solemnized after the expiration date of the license;
- (5) there were no witnesses to the marriage if the valid license was issued and if the solemnization of the marriage can
be otherwise proven.
- (b) If a license has been issued and the marriage solemnized as provided in this chapter and the parties to it have
immediately thereafter assumed the habit and repute of husband and wife and have continued to cohabit as husband and
wife for one year or until the death of either of them, the marriage shall not be void or voidable solely on the ground
the license cannot be produced.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.