Marriage is prohibited and void if performed when
(1) either party to the proposed marriage has a husband or wife living; or
(2) the parties to the proposed marriage are more closely related to each other than the fourth degree of consanguinity, whether of the whole or half blood, computed according to rules of the civil law.
Sec. 25.05.030. Voidable marriages. [Repealed, § 2 ch 58 SLA 1963.]
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.05.011. Civil contract.
- Sec. 25.05.013. Same-sex marriages. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.031. Voidable marriages. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.041. Matters insufficient to render marriage voidable. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.051. Effect of existing former marriage. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.061. Marriage without license. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.071. Persons to issue license. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.081. Marriage commissioners. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.091. Application for license; disclosure for child support purposes. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.111. Issuance of license. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.121. Marriage license. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.161. Waiver of waiting period. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.171. Persons capable of consenting to marriage: Minimum ages, and consent of parents or guardian. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.191. Marriage license application. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.221. Forms. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.231. Reports of licenses issued. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.241. Fees. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.251. Relationship to Vital Statistics Act. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.261. Who may solemnize. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.271. Duty of officiating person before ceremony. Repealed
- Sec. 25.05.281. Marriage solemnized by unauthorized person.
- Sec. 25.05.291. Civil and religious ceremonies.
- Sec. 25.05.301. Form of solemnization.
- Sec. 25.05.311. Marriage without solemnization.
- Sec. 25.05.321. Certificates.
- Sec. 25.05.331. Unlawful issuance or refusal of license.
- Sec. 25.05.341. Misrepresentation.
- Sec. 25.05.351. Violation concerning marriage license application.
- Sec. 25.05.361. Unlawful solemnization of marriage.
- Sec. 25.05.371. Solemnization of marriage by unauthorized person.
- Sec. 25.05.381. Definitions.
- Sec. 25.05.391. Short title.