Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 65. Office of Victims' Rights
- Section 120. Investigations.
previous: Section 110
. Advocacy On Behalf of Crime Victims; Records.
next: Section 130
AS 24.65.120. Investigations.
- (a) The victims' advocate may investigate complaints from crime victims that they have been denied the rights they are
guaranteed under the constitution and laws of this state.
- (b) In an investigation, the victims' advocate may
- (1) make inquiries and obtain information considered necessary;
- (2) hold private hearings; and
- (3) notwithstanding other provisions of law, have access at all times to records of justice agencies, including court
records of criminal prosecutions and juvenile adjudications, necessary to ensure that the rights of crime victims are
not being denied; with regard to court and prosecution records, the victims' advocate is entitled to obtain access to
every record that the defendant is entitled to access or receive.
- (c) The victims' advocate shall maintain confidentiality with respect to all matters and the identities of the
complainants or witnesses coming before the victims' advocate except insofar as disclosures may be necessary to enable
the victims' advocate to carry out duties and to support recommendations. However, the victims' advocate may not
disclose a confidential record obtained from a court or justice agency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.