Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 65. Office of Victims' Rights
- Section 110. Advocacy On Behalf of Crime Victims; Records.
previous: Section 100
. Jurisdiction; Duties.
next: Section 120
AS 24.65.110. Advocacy On Behalf of Crime Victims; Records.
- (a) The victims' advocate shall assist crime victims in obtaining the rights crime victims are guaranteed under the
constitution and laws of the state with regard to the contacts crime victims have with justice agencies.
- (b) The victims' advocate may make the statement a crime victim is authorized to make under art. I, sec. 24, Constitution
of the State of Alaska, and AS 12.55.023
, in a court of the state when requested by the crime victim and when the crime victim does not personally make a
- (c) When advocating on behalf of a crime victim in an ongoing criminal case or juvenile adjudication, the victims'
advocate is entitled to all information available to the defendant or juvenile.
- (d) Records obtained by the victims' advocate shall remain in the exclusive custody of the victims' advocate. The victims'
advocate may not disclose confidential information to any person.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.