Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 60. Standards of Conduct
- Section 85. Restrictions On Earned Income and Honoraria.
previous: Section 80
next: Section 90
AS 24.60.085. Restrictions On Earned Income and Honoraria.
- (a) A legislator or legislative employee may not
- (1) seek or accept compensation for personal services that is significantly greater than the value of the services
rendered taking into account the higher rates generally charged by specialists in a profession; or
- (2) accept a payment of anything of value, except for actual and necessarily incurred travel expenses, for an appearance
or speech by the legislator or legislative employee; this paragraph does not apply to the salary paid to a legislator
or legislative employee for making an appearance or speech as part of the legislator's or legislative employee's normal
course of employment.
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a legislator or legislative employee may accept a payment for an appearance or
speech if the appearance or speech is not connected with the person's legislative status.
- (c) During the term for which elected or appointed, a legislator may not, directly or by
authorizing another to act on the legislator's behalf, accept or agree to accept compensation, except from the State of
Alaska, for work associated with legislative action, administrative action, or political action. Notwithstanding AS 24.60.990 , in this subsection, "administrative action"
and "legislative action" have the meanings given in AS 24.45.171 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.